About the Recipe
Whether it is Valentine’s Day or a little gift, spoil someone you care about with these cute little treats! These raspberry heart cookies are easy to make and very delicious to eat!
· 1 cup sugar
· ½ cup butter, softened
· 1 egg
· 1 tablespoon water
· 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla paste
· ¼ teaspoon salt
· ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
· 2 cups gluten-free plain flour
1. In a large bowl, cream the sugar and butter at medium speed.
2. Add the egg, water, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon and mix well.
3. Add flour. Mix at a low speed until well combined.
4. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
5. Preheat the oven to 180c. Line a baking tray with baking paper and set it aside.
6. Roll out the dough onto a lightly floured surface, about 1.5cm thick.
7. Cut out two large hearts. In the centre of one large heart, cut out a smaller heart. Continue until all the dough is used.
8. Place all the hearts onto baking paper. Make sure the cookies are not touching.
9. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, and let the cookies cool.
10. After cookies have cooled, spread either homemade or store brought raspberry jam on the large, whole heart.
11. Top with a cut-out cookie. Put in the refrigerator to set for 20-30mins then sprinkle with powdered sugar to serve.
Tips: Store in airtight container or covered and keep in refrigerator.
Eat within 1-2 days, as the jam can soften the cookie too much.
You could use any jam of choice if raspberry is not your preferred flavour.